Thursday 31 October 2013

Frankenstein Halloween Treats

This year for Halloween my daughter's and I were inspired by Frankenstein. The girls and I like to create something crafty to showcase the treats we are handing out and this year we made Frankenstein lollipop covers.

The idea for this project came from the Your Next Stamp blog (see the original post here). They have a great lollipop cover die (here), which I couldn't use for this project because the dies dimensions were too small for the lollipops I bought.

Using their design as inspiration I created my own cover.



Here are the measurements for my altered lollipop cover template:

Dimensions of the cover: 2" by 6".
Score at: 2 1/4, 2 3/4 and 5 inches
Out of one 12 x 12 sheet of green card stock, I was able to get 12 bases for "Frankie".
Cut the hair from black card stock (size 1" by 2"), trim one end with decorative scissors.
I used my Crop-a-dile to punch a small hole on the fold for the lollipop stick.


For the eyes we used a 1/2" circle punch (white) and a regular hole punch for the pupils. YNS used googly eyes, however I was afraid they would fall off in transport to the school.

For the bolts, I used a scrap of shiny grey card stock that I had (Recollections I believe). I cut a pile of small strips to glue to the side of "Frankie's" head.


We had a great assembly line for this project. I cut, scored, folded and gave "Frankie" his hair. My one daughter punched out all the eyes, while the other one assembled them and drew on the mouths. They both stuffed in the lollipops and I glued Frankie shut.

We made a total of 72 Frankensteins for their classmates, daycare teachers and for my staff at work. I don't know about the kids, but my staff were so excited about their treat.

Of course we didn't forget the girl's teachers. Here is what they received:



The plastic paint can came from the dollar store. These went together so quickly. The biggest challenge was taking the handles out and lining up a hole in my paper, so I could reassemble the handle after "Frankie" was put inside the can.

I hope everyone had a great Halloween (ours was wet). Enjoy the tricks and treats.

Tracy



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!