Thursday 17 October 2013

Life Blooms

I have been on a groove with making cards. I have finally dug into a pile of stamps that I have had for a year (or so). I stamped out a number of images that I want to use and now when I am looking to make a card I have the images all in front of me ready to colour.

I don't have a lot of little boy stamps so it was fun to colour this image. This is actually my second colouring attempt for this image. My blue copic markers got a bit messy when I was colouring the boy's shorts. Even my colourless blender could not salvage the mess so I started over. It was a bit frustrating, however I was happier with how the hair and the wagon turned out the second time.

Although we are into fall, I wanted the flowers in the image to go with the bright flowers (Recollections) that I wanted to use on the card.

I used the My Favorite Things Chicken Wire Die-namic twice. The first time using white cardstock for the frame and then pattern paper to fill inside the frame.

I used Deconstructing Jen sketch 122 for this card.

Challenges:
Sassy Cheryl # 188 Punches &/or dies (image: Cheryl Alger design Stamp for Kraftin Kimmie)
Deconstructing Jen # 122



Inside

Supplies:
Stamp: Let's Dish the Dirt (Cheryl Alger design by Kraftin Kimmie)
Die: My Favorite Things Chicken Wire
Flowers (Recollections), American Craft twine.

Thanks for stopping by.
Tracy

3 comments:

  1. The colors in this card are so bight and happy. I am so glad you decided to use them. This card is so pretty. I love the image too. That die is new to me and now that I have seen it, it is on my Have-To-Have list.Thanks for playing in the Dies and Punches Challenge at Sassy Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one makes me smile! Such a pretty, happy card with one mighty cute boy!
    I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Ann. . .it certainly does make you smile! LOVE IT!
    Thanks for playing along in the Punch/Dies challenge this past week with my Sassy Gals!!! Sorry that I didn't comment earlier as I was out of town.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!