Wednesday 6 November 2013

Love Grows Here

This is a card that I made for my mom's birthday. Unlike her anniversary card (original post: here) this card made it to my mom for her to enjoy on her birthday.

I used a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp designed by the talented Cheryl Alger called "Let's Dish the Dirt". I really love the rich fall colours that I have found in my 6x6 paper pads. I added the brown card stock in my layers to really help the colours stand out.


The image is coloured with Copic markers. I added some Tim Holtz distress ink (salty ocean and mowed lawn) to the edges. The flower was die cut from My Favorite Things layered rose and for the sentiment I used the Spellbinders standard small circles and classic scalloped circles small.


Inside the card I added two sentiments. The first is from the Let's Dish the Dirt stamp set and the birthday greeting is from Your Next Stamps "Whatnot Sentiments set one".


Challenges:
Sassy Cheryl's Digital Stamps Challenge: #191 Anything Goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: November Wonderful Wednesday

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a crafty day.

Tracy


10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful!!! Love your coloring! Love all the layers!! Just beautiful!!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ps... There is a DT Call over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! I love the colors!!
    :)) I'm sure your mom will love it!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Très belle carte

    ReplyDelete
  4. just darling! cute inside too!!
    thanks for playing our Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Tracy! Thanks for playing with us at KKS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy this is too cute...I love the colors and the layers are wonderful. Great Job...Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's Challenges...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete

  7. warm and happy. Just like a greeting card should be. Thanks for sharing at Sassy Cheryl's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card, colored to perfection!
    Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracy! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Sassy Cheryl’s Anything goes challenge, love your card inside and out and this image is sooo cute!!
    hugs Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect card for your mom. Beautifully colored and what a perfect sentiment.
    Thanks for playing along in the ANYTHING GOES challenge this past week with my Sassy Gals!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!