Friday 13 December 2013

Baby It's Cold Outside!

This layout is for the November sketch Challenge at Two Scrapbook Friends. Shelby provided a fabulous sketch to work with. Of course I had to add an addition challenge by adapting it for two photos.


To make the layout work for two photos, I decided to flip the sketch sideways. I also added a few extra paper layers for balance and just because I can't help myself. I used a stencil and modelling paste on the background to create a bit of texture and contrast to the background paper.

The pattern paper is from an Echo Park collections called Winter Wishes. I think it was one I purchased last year, of course with every intention of using it right away. 

The letters are DIY Thickers. I added blue glitter that I have had in my stash for ages.


I used my Cricut Simply Charmed cartridge to cut out the hat and mitts. This is a cute cartridge but I really don't like the faces that cut out on these image. To get around that, I cut the background using the shadow of the image, then the pattern paper is cut using the main layer. I didn't need to use the "face" layer.

I cut a second layer from white card stock and cut off the ball and trim portions of the hat. I ran this through my Xyron and added Sparkling Fluff.

 I repeated this for the mitts then added twine.

Thanks for taking a peek at my newest layout. Happy scrapping!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!