Monday 16 December 2013

Snowman Soup!

So I definitely kicked things into gear this past weekend to tackle the "to do" list that has been growing since the start of the month. With a bit of extra fuel from my gingerbread latte, I am happy to say that I accomplished most of the "Crafty" elements of the list.

This weekend I had a bit of crafting time with my girls as we tackled a fun gift for their classmates and teachers. For this post we will focus on the classmates gift which was snowman soup. I got this fabulous idea from a former teacher who use to make these for her students.

The girls and I turned my craft area into a mini assembly line and manage to finish 50 of these packs.

So what is do you need for your Snowman Soup?
  • Package of Hot Chocolate
  • Small Candy Cane
  • Hershey Kisses and
  • Mini Marshmallows
I used the digital stamp "Frosty Cup of Cocoa" from Sassy Cheryl Stamps. I opened the image in PowerPoint and was able to fit 4 of the images onto a single 8.5 x 11 page. I added the recipe for snowman soup above each image which I then printed out on quality white card stock. I coloured each of the 4 images with my Copic markers.

Now before you say anything, I did not colour 50 of the snowman images. I coloured one page, then used our printer/scanner to copy out the rest of the copies.

I trimmed down the image and backed it with red card stock.

I bought 4x6 bags from Michaels (baking section) to hold the soup ingredients. The marshmallows were put into a smaller sealed bag ($ store). Hopefully they will stay fresh a bit longer.


For the top of the bag I used more red card stock and created a tent fold that I stapled to the top of the bag. The white card stock was put through my Cuttlebug with the swiss dots embossing folder. I punch out the red (1.5") and the white (1.25") circles and added the sentiment on the banner which is from Your Next Stamp. Then I added the tails to the banner. 


After taking all of the pictures I felt that the banner was missing something. So on the final product we used a white gel pen to add dots on the red circle and faux stitching lines on the banner tails.

On the back of the treat the girl added a small return address label with "Merry Christmas" and their names. My girls really enjoyed creating these for their classmates.

Both of the girls took their treats to school with them today and I was told by my oldest that they were a big hit.

Challenges
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Stamp out 2013
Cute Card Thursday: # 299 Christmas Catch Up (finally getting caught up on that to do list, with my two helper elves we got all of the treats ready to give out to their classmates today).

Have a wonderful day and thank you for having a look what my girls and I have created.

Tracy

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!