Tuesday 3 December 2013

Warm Winter Cocoa

My photography lessons (with the hubby) continue. I now realize, it is not as simple as point, click and done. My husband has been very good repeating those key things I should remember (ISO, aperture, shutter speed, light, external flashes............). I really am trying to get what all these things mean. As long as he doesn't mess with the settings on the camera (in between my cards) all would be fine.

Thank you again to my dear husband for this week's lesson: 
  • I must remember to turn the external flash on before taking a picture,
  • If the picture is too dark, turn that dial "thingy" to a lower number and try again and,
  • The flash will turn off if I take too long trying to set up my picture! 

Now onto my card! This is a super cute image from Sassy Cheryl called "Warm Winter Cocoa". I fell in love with this image the moment I saw it.


Although I didn't finish the card in time, the layout of this card is based on the Mojo Monday sketch # 321. 


The card is coloured with Copic markers.


Supplies:
Image: Sassy Cheryl "Warm Winter Cocoa"
Paper: Fancy Pants Merry Little Christmas
Ribbon and gems are from Michaels.

Challenges:
Sassy Cheryl: # 194 Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks: # 170 Christmas
Cute Card Thursday: # 297 Anything goes
Allsorts Challenge: 235 Inspired by a Christmas Song or Carol (Mine is inspired by the carol "It's a Marshmallow World"



Stop by the Two Scrapbook Friends blog on Friday December 6 (11:00 am) and check out the Songs of Christmas Blog Hop. See what Christmas Carols inspired the Design team and Friends.  Leave a comment on each of the blogs along the hop to qualify to be in a draw for a prize from Two Scrapbook Friends.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest card. Happy crafting!

Tracy


7 comments:

  1. So cute, nice image, and the colors are wonderful. I really like this paper, and the bling you have around the circle, nice touch! Thanks for playing our Christmas challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    Leanne DT@4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Tracy! Love cute image and beautiful design.
    Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Sassy Cheryl’s Anything goes Challenge,
    hugs Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really delightful card, thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super, super adorable! Your lessons are going SO well! Love this gorgeous card and your photos are just perfect too!
    Thanks for playing along in the Anything Goes challenge this past week with my Sassy Gals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of the red and white striped paper on your card. Your coloring is awesome and your photography looks great to me. Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Cheryl's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! Good luck on the photo lessons-I struggle! It looks to me like you have mastered Copics and the camera!
    Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card and lovely coloring. I love that great layout. Thanks so much for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's this week. Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!