Saturday 1 February 2014

Sending Happy Mail

Well it is snowing again, however it's been nice not to walk out of the house to -30 degrees temperatures. Today I have been enjoying a relatively quiet day of crafting. I have no errands to run, and no chauffeur services to provide to my kids. So other than a few household chores, it's me and my paper today!

I haven't made a lot of Valentine's cards outside of the 50 or so I make each year for the kids classmates. I Still need to figure those out for the year and time is running out. I wanted to use this adorable Sassy Cheryl Digital image called "A Letter Sent With Love" so a Valentine's card seemed the most appropriate. Another thing I haven't made a lot of is round card....actually now that I think about it, I have never made one. I bought these round scalloped cards from a Michael's $1.50 bin a year (or more ago) and this is my first time using them.

To go along with my Sassy Cheryl image of Sally (A Letter Sent With Love) I added the mailbox image and sentiment from a My Favorite Things set called "Happy Mail". The paper I used is from a My Minds Eye 6x6 paper pad called "Love Me".

The hearts are cut from my Cricut using the Accent Essentials cartridge. I backed them with a blue paper from my scrap stash, then covered them with glossy accents.


The layout for my card was inspired by an older Mojo Monday sketch from 2010 # 141.


The image of Sally is coloured with Copic markers. For a bit of texture, I added some glitter to the envelope and the heart on the mailbox. I added a larger heart to the envelope and added glossy accents.

Challenges:
Sassy Cheryl: #201 Don't be a Square
Simon Says: Work it Wednesday
Cute Card Thursday: #306 Something New - Something New (this is a new image to use and a new thing of making a circle card).
4 Crafty Chicks: #179 Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge Blog: Week 244 Love is in the Air
One Crazy Stamper: February "Anything Goes"

Thanks for having a look at my latest card. I hope that you are all enjoying your Saturday. Stay warm and happy crafting.

Please come back soon.

Tracy



11 comments:

  1. Loving your shape card, the way you colored the image, the papers, glitter and all of the other details to this fabulous card. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge. Have a great day!

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy your card is adorable. I love the colors and the shape. Isn't that just the cutest image. Wonderful job!!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl Challenges. Remember our Challenges are going to two-week challenges starting next week. We would love to have you join us again....Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout goes so well with this image. Wonderful details on this. I'm loving the color combination. So glad you joined us for a Sassy Cheryl's Challenge! I just love your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love those blue/red hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute card. Love shape and design.
    Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl’s Challenge, hope to see you again next week.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. . .really? -30? That's just crazy! At least the snow stopped. That's a definite plus!!!
    Love this stunning card. It's just fabulous!!!
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy, what a darling card! Don't you love those days? And, look at what you made!
    -30, Oh, NOOOOO...it's been as low as 7 with a wind chill of -10 here, and I was mighty unhappy!
    I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww Tracy you sure did a fabulous job on this one. It is just too stinking cute. Thansk for sharing with Sassy Cheryl's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card, and an adorable image. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So bright and cheery love the colors. The shape is the best, great coloring too. Thanks for playing our Anything Goes Challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

    Leanne DT@OCS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable - the image is so well colored and your card design is fabulous!! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!