Wednesday 26 March 2014

Little Red Wagon # 230 - Bling it Up!

It's Wednesday and time for another challenge over at Little Red Wagon!


This week Joanne is all about the sparkle and she wants us to BLING it Up! Jewels, gems, pearls, whatever you have that sparkles and shines will work for this challenge.

When it comes to bling I am a very low maintenance kinda girl. Just one look at my "jewellery" collection will tell you that. I know my hubby is not too upset about that either.  The same tends to apply to my cards and layouts. I am usually pretty subtle and minimal with my bling when I can.

This week I created a birthday card using a Tiddly Inks digital image called Anna Belle Birthday Wishes. For my touch of bling, I added tiny Recollection gems around the outside of my scalloped circle. The paper is from American Crafts Hip Hip Hooray 6x6 paper pad.


For a bit of added (yet subtle) bling I used my Zig two-way glue pen and applied glue to the cake, the party hat and the trim of the dress. I then sprinkled Glitter Ritz micro fine white glitter. This is my favourite glitter and the white is transparent, so it works on so many projects. If I use coloured paper or Copics behind, the colour comes through with the added sparkle from the glitter.


Inside the card I added a pop up element to hold a gift card (instructions here). Next time I think I will need to make the inside where the card slides into a little bit deeper.


So dig into your stash and find what sparkles and shines, then head over to Little Red Wagon to join this weeks "Bling it Up" challenge. While you are there be sure to check out the great projects from the other Girlfriends.

Thanks for stopping by and please come back soon. Happy creating everyone!

Tracy

5 comments:

  1. Ha! Looks like we're twins when it comes to the whole wearing bling thing. Love your card. It's fabulous and I adore the way you coloured Annabelle's hair. The inside is cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, love the added touch of sparkle to the image and a great idea to pop in the gift card holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! SO CLEVER!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Love that glittery cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just simply adorable! Your coloring is fantastic and I love the idea of the gift card holder!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!