Wednesday 25 June 2014

Little Red Wagon # 243 Animal Antics

Yeah it's Wednesday and that means it's again time for another challenge over at Little Red Wagon!


For this week's challenge Janice is our hostess and her challenge is call ANIMAL ANTICS. So that means we are looking for an animal(s) to appear on your project.

For this week's project I created my first book card. I was in awe when I first saw one of these cards and I need to give credit for the inspiration to the super talented Sharon Caudle (blog Gramma's house of cards). You can see her last book card here and a great photo tutorial here.

I created this book card for one of my BFF's for her daughter's recent baptism. Although the animals are not the main focus on the card there are a few to be found on the outside and inside of this card including, the cute bunny, paper punched butterflies and a tiny ladybug which you can't see in the first picture (note the black dot on the bunny's ear).


The image is True Friendship from Sassy Cheryl's Digital Stamps. This image is actually a rubber stamp that was previously available. The digital image of True Friendship is still available at the Sassy Cheryl's Digital Stamps website. The image reminds me of my youngest daughter as she has a little bunny which she's had since she was a baby.  It's her absolute favourite toy and she takes it everywhere.


I used the gorgeous Simple Stories Hello Baby collection to decorate the book card. I see a lot of potential with this set outside of baby projects.


I wasn't sure at first what I was going to include in the frame portion, until I saw the perfect quote on one of the cut apart pages in this set. I added a blank card in the inside pocket for my friend to record details of the baptism or just write a small note to her daughter to enjoy later.


Here is a closer look at this adorable image coloured with Copic markers. I wanted to keep the colours soft like those in the paper collection.

I used 2 different butterfly punches on some of the patter paper and card stock to create a layered butterfly. I added a glue dot between each layer in the centre and popped up the wings with dimensional adhesive.

I hope you are WILD about this week's ANIMAL ANTICS challenge. Hop on over to the Little Red Wagon blog to link up your project and remember to check out the inspiration from other girlfriend.

Thanks for visiting me today and have a wonderful and crafty Wednesday.


Challenges:
Simon Says Monday Challenge: I ought to use this more (the stamp I haven't used before and I love this image and my butterfly punches - I love the layered look)
Curtain Call: Inspiration Sweet Pea
Allsorts Challenge: 264 How does your garden grow.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is an amazing project, Tracy! I love the line you worked with and the image is seriously adorable.
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I'm sure they will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, this s is so beautiful!! Gorgeous coloring and love your colors!! Thanks so much for the shout out!! :)
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is very pretty Tracey, such a lovely design and choice of colours.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and a great shape.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'How Does Your Garden Grow' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Tracy, this is sooo nice! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! This is lovely, I absolutely adore the design of your card and the surprise element inside! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!