Friday 4 July 2014

Trading Places Layout

I had another fabulous opportunity to create a layout for Two Scrapbook Friends using the fun Simple Stories line called HEY POP.

When I selected this paper, I knew which pictures I wanted to use. I don't often scrap my husband, so I figured on those rare occasions I should try and stick with something more masculine. As you can see I love my layers and I had a lot of fun adding embellishments this this page.

I also love playing around with modelling paste and here I added dimension with the paste which was tinted to be more grey in colour and applied using a great layering stencil from Tim Holtz.


My daughter loves wearing my husbands hats and in these photos my husband was taking selfies of the two of them trading hats. I love that he took a picture of him wearing her hat.


Along with the Hey Pop collection, I decorated a few of the Simple Stories DIY tags. I also added wood stars, gears and the fun film strip (Tim Hotlz). The cork arrows and letters from Little Yellow Bicycle added great texture to the page. 


I have done a few layouts where I distressed the paper by ripping and inking the paper. The ripped area is the perfect place to tuck a few embellishments.


I love this embellishment cluster which centres around the fun filmstrip sentiment that comes with this collection on one of the cut a part pages. I like to repeat many of my embellishments in my various clusters to really tie everything together.


At the bottom I added additional distressing and twine tied in a fun way.

Thanks for stopping by. You can find the Simple Stories Hey Pop line and many more fun goodies over at Two Scrapbook Friends online store!


2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Tracy! Wonderful photos and I love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing layout! I love all the textures and details you added. Just fabulous!!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!