Wednesday 27 August 2014

Little Red Wagon # 252 Girl Power

Welcome back, I hope you are having a wonderful week so far. It's time for another fun challenge over at Little Red Wagon.


This week I am hosting and my challenge is called GIRL POWER!

I think with this challenge there will be a lot of room for interpretation. Whether you choose pink, frills, bling, distress, grungy, classy..........I think you get the idea. Make a new paper craft project (card, layout, altered item) that is for a girl, featuring a girl, about a girl. GOT IT!

For my card, my GIRL POWER is all about the SMART GIRL. I used a sweet digital stamp from Tiddly Inks called School Girl. I was inspired by my young daughter as she has been reading up a storm this summer. I am likely underestimating, however I would say she has read close to 12 books in the last 2 months.


The paper is from Simple Stories (Homespun). I distressed the edges with a distress tool and inked everything with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink. I love using tags on my cards and layouts. I love these new Crate Paper Notes & Things tags. There are a few that have die cut words as the one used on my card.


Inside the card I used stamps from Kaiser Craft (Live Life) and My Favorite Things (It's a Sign). This card will be going to one of my students at work that will be returning to school.


Are you ready to show a little GIRL POWER! Join our challenge this week over at the Little Red Wagon blog. Don't forget to check out all of the inspiration the other Girlfriends are sharing.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday and happy crafting.

Tracy

Supplies:
Image: Tiddly Inks (digi) School Girl
Sentiment: Kaiser Craft Live Life, My Favorite Things It's A Sign
Paper: Simple Stories Homespun
Other: Crate Paper Notes & Things (tag), Maya Road Wood button

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Tracy! I love the colours and that sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just darling, Tracy! I love the image and the wood button!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!