Wednesday 9 March 2016

Your Next Stamp March DT Dare (Magical Unicorn)


Welcome to the March Your Next Stamp Design Team dare. Each month the design team is given a special challenge to help show off the new stamps and dies released each month.

For the month of March in honour of International Women's day our challenge theme is called.........CELEBRATING WOMEN!

As a mom of two daughter's I decided to pull my inspiration from them and a few things they love, reading and UNICORNS! This challenge is ACCEPTED!

In my home, it wouldn't be unusual to come across at least one person with their nose stuck in a book and trips to the book store are at least a monthly (sometime weekly) occurrence. The first thing my girls asked for when they saw the Magical Unicorn stamp was for me to make them each a bookmark. I am pretty sure the Bookmark/Tag die is one if not my most used die set.


I used a couple of different effects for these bookmarks and I even made my own tassel!


This beautiful unicorn is for my oldest daughter. For the background on this bookmark, I used a combination of watercolour paint and Heidi Swapp Colour Shine Mists (Citron, Teal and Amethyst). The believe sentiment is from the Magical Unicorn die set. I ran the sentiment through my Xyron sticker maker getting the top of the sentiment covered with adhesive. I then added Glitter Ritz transparent micro fine glitter for a little sparkle. The unicorn image was fussy cut.


This second sweet bookmark is for my youngest bookworm and now rests between the pages of her current Harry Potter book! This background was created using Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Fossilized Amber, Faded Jeans and Black Soot). After applying the lighter colours of ink to the cardstock, I then heat embossed the sentiment. I added the darker ink and used a wipe to remove any ink from the sentiment. For the splatters on the bookmark, I used Perfect Pearls mist.


If you head over to the Your Next Stamp blog for the March DT Dare post, leave a comment and there will be a chance for you to WIN! You could win a stamp of your choice! Perhaps a new unicorn stamp!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Wednesday!


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Magical Unicorn
Dies: Magical Unicorn, Bookmark/Tag large
Paper: Kaisercraft Utopia
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versa Fine ink, Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Fossilized Amber, Faded Jeans and Black Soot
Other: Recollection White Embossing powder, Heidi Swapp Color Shine Ink (Citron, Teal and Amethyst), Artist Loft Watercolour paint, Perfect Pearl Mist, Glitter Ritz transparent microfine glitter embroidery thread

2 comments:

  1. Your bookmarks are just the best Tracy! These are especially awesome and I'm sure your girls LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!